On the main island of St. Vincent the leeward coastline is full of great dive sites, just a short boat ride away from the Dive Centres. Here are just a few of our top dives:
- The Bat Cave is an exhilarating dive into an underwater fissure and is on the wish list of most visiting divers. It is a half submerged cave through a shallow cut at Buccament Bay. The Bat Cave begins in three (3) feet of water in a darkened cave and surfaces in the cavern home of hundreds of rare bats. The Bat Cave is an extended cavern experience.
- Anchor Reef, voted one of the top 100 dive sites in the world, is a spectacular wall dive with swim-throughs and a lovely coral reef formation.
- Layou Wall is an excellent wall dive and a drift over the formations of Rock Fort.
- Capital Wrecks is the site of three shipwrecks all in recreational dive depths, but best suited to experienced divers.
To the south, our Grenadine islands are rich with colour and corals, as well as pelagics.
- In Bequia, explore an array of gently sloping reefs with hawksbill turtles and eagle rays. The shallow waters are home to seahorses, pipefish and bat fish, amongst others.
- Mustique's sloping reefs and coral expanse offer you glimpses of shy spotted drums and banded coral shrimp among other fascinating fish and critters.
- Mayreau Gardens is an expansive coral reef formation and a great drift dive. Crinoids, garden eels and flamingo tongues are common here. Also off Mayreau is Puruni, the wreck of a 1918 British gun ship that is lying in only 40 feet of water, great for beginners as well as advanced wreck divers.
- The Tobago Cays are home to green turtles and you will have an unforgettable time in the water with these wonderful creatures. Here Horseshoe Reef surrounds and protects four of the five Tobago Cays and makes for great diving, whether on the protected and shallow inside, or along the deeper and more dramatic drop-off on the outside.
- Mopion Reef, just off Petit St. Vincent, can be a good place to see sharks. Nearby is Mopion, a picture-perfect desert island.
For those who have never dived before, now is your chance!
Many of the resort hotels here in St. Vincent & The Grenadines offer Scuba Diving Courses, as do the dive operators themselves.
What better place to try your first Scuba Dive than our clear blue waters, packed with fascinating creatures and caressed by warm tropical breezes.
Come and get wet here - we're sure you'll want to come back for more!